New Delhi, England and South Africa plyed the opening match of the ICC World Cup at the Oval. England made 311 runs in their first innings while, South Africa made only 207 runs in 39.5 overs. South Africa lost the match by 104 runs.
So, here are the 5 reasons why South Africa team lost their first match against England:
1. The bowling of the team was not so good due to which the England team made 311 runs in the first innings.
2. The South Africa team could not get a good start and middle order got out quickly.
3. Toss can be another reason. If South Africa elected to bat first, they could have put a good score in the 1st innings
4. If JP Duminy would have batted at 3rd position instead of Aiden Markram, results would have been different
5. England team has Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali as spin bowlers but South African team has only Imran Tahir in their spin department while JP Duminy and Aiden Markram are their part-time bowling option.